Hey y’all! I know I havent updated our blog in years, however, We have huge updates and big prayer requests to ask of everyone.
Over the last several months God has really been working on our heart as a family as well as individually to expand our family. For those of you just joining....we were never really supposed to have a biological family. After lots of test and procedures, Infertility specialist gave us a 2% chance of having children. With those results We decided to go through Two rounds of IUI ( intrauterine insemination). Both of which failed. After two years of infertility treatments we made the decision to take a break, reevaluate, and recharge. A couple months after that Decision we found out that we were pregnant, naturally. Eight months later we welcomed our beautiful daughter Austyn-Claire. After she was born we were told that she would probably be our only miracle baby. However,God had different plans. we found out 4 months after she was born, that we were pregnant again, naturally. The reaction was completely opposite of our first, but we grew to come to terms and welcomed a precious baby boy, Camden (Cam) Shields. He was the first boy out of 11 girls On my side of the family. What a shock! After Cam was born I suffered from severe postpartum depression. I had 2 babies, 14 months apart...I was not prepared for that chaos. I know....I hid it well, And that was my goal,however, I was in a super dark place. I never wanted to hurt my children, however, I felt trapped and overwhelmed. Many days I could not leave my house and I could not even think about taking my children anywhere. I was terrified someone was going to take one of my kids. I was so worried I would be focused on the other child that the other would be a target for kidnapping. There was one point I was sitting in the parking lot at the grocery store and called Tyler because I could not get out of the car. I had two babies in the backseat and I was terrified to put them in the grocery cart for fear someone would take one of them before I got the other one out. My doctor, Who is one of my best friends husbands, and a dear friend, expresses to this day He was seriously worried about me. I am so thankful for him and for the wisdom he possesses. With his help and lots and lots of doctors appointments and medicine I felt somewhat normal again. However, as the normalcy began I started noticing some things weren’t right. These were not mental issues these were physical issues. Long story short, I ended up having 4 surgeries.....the last one being a hysterectomy. I am still beyond thankful for my doctor and
his wisdom. He truly exhausted every option before my hysterectomy. Having a hole in your uterus doesn’t necessarily leave you with a whole lot of options. With that being said, We have grown as a family and will be celebrating Cam’s 4th birthday here in just three weeks. I am beyond thankful for my family, my doctor, and the sweet friends who have stuck by me and my family the last few years. I feel awesome and God is so good!
his wisdom. He truly exhausted every option before my hysterectomy. Having a hole in your uterus doesn’t necessarily leave you with a whole lot of options. With that being said, We have grown as a family and will be celebrating Cam’s 4th birthday here in just three weeks. I am beyond thankful for my family, my doctor, and the sweet friends who have stuck by me and my family the last few years. I feel awesome and God is so good!
Now, that I have caught everyone up, we are to the present. Austyn-Claire is five and will start kindergarten in the fall! She is
super-smart, super dramatic, and a mini me in EVERY way. Cam is a mini Tyler. Enough said. He is continuing his speech therapy due to his hearing issues since birth but thriving in preschool.
Tyler and I have felt for the last year
that our family is just not complete. It is complete biologically due to unforeseen circumstances, but it’s not complete. I come from a family of adoption history due to my sister and her amazing miracle adoption kiddos. So naturally we began exploring that option as well. I have been super closed- minded to that option because I just have not felt peace in going that direction. However, over Christmas break, my heart was drastically change. I’m not really sure why or exactly how it happened, but God did some major reconstruction on my heart towards adoption. With that being said, we began exploring different adoption agencies. We found an adoption agency that we felt a connection with. We feel strongly about wanting to adopt a newborn baby. And our kids are totally on board...Especially Austyn- Claire...our little momma. She came up to us the other day and said that she felt like God wanted us to adopt a baby. If that didn’t solidify our decision I don’t know what would. With that being said, we have begaun the process of application with this agency. We are currently working on funding our adoption. Tyler and I feel strongly about wanting to pay in cash for our adoption. As most know, adoption is not a cheap process. our biggest prayer request is that you pray with us for wisdom and for financial provisions for us to be able to afford our adoption process. Our initial payment (with this agency,but we are open to other options) is $16,200. Then we will proceed with paying for A homestudy and legal fees,etc. We want to do so without going into debt or causing any financial stress on our family. Most of you know that we have in the last year become (almost) debt-free after selling our home. We want to stay that way. we ask that you come together with us to pray that God provides financially, physically, mentally, and spiritually for our family. Adoption is not for the faint of heart and we ask that you pray with us for God to provide. We pray that this comes sooner than later due to the age of our kids and “our plan” for our family. However, as we all know our plan is not necessarily God’s plan so pray with us that God opens and closes doors where they should be opened and closed. That we would not be so set in our ways and our timeline that we do not see what God wants. Pray that God gives us strength and wisdom during this entire process (however long it is). The first step is $16,200 that we are currently in the process of saving for and trying to get the money to just start getting our name and our family’s name out there to potential birth moms. We want to do newborn domestic adoption anywhere in the US. Our total cost for adoption with the agency that we would like to go with is roughly $23,000. To some, this might seem like it isn’t a lot of money. But To some, this is a whole Lot money. We are in both categories! we understand that this is on the less expensive side of some agencies, however, in wanting to pay for it without going into debt, this is a lot of cash to come up with. please pray with us that God would provide for us financially physically, mentally,and spiritually for whatever baby he has planned for us. We are prepared that this could be this year or this could be in two plus years. either way, we are open to what God has planned for us. We are opening up to everyone just to get prayer warriors on our side. God has big plans for our family, so we ask that all of you Jesus followers pray with us that God provides for us and that God directs us and our family for his glory and his purpose. Thank you so much and we truly cherish each and every one of you. Be blessed!
Love,
the wynn’s
.
Comments
Post a Comment