Skip to main content

Whatever you Want...I Want.

In having my quiet time today I was reading Luke 1:34-38. The verse that spoke to my heart the most was verse 38, "Mary responded, 'I am the Lord's servant. May everything you have said about me come true'." The Lord literally smacked me in the face and reminded me that Mary had only one question for the angel when she found out she would be carrying the Holy One..."how can this be"...that was it. In trying to put myself in Mary's shoes, I realized that in no way shape or form would I be able to have only ONE question. However, the Lord reminded me that the reason she had only one question was because her attitude and relationship with Him was submissive and trusting. At this point, I burst into tears. I was so convicted! I am NOT that submissive, nor am I able to say I do not question the motives of my Savior,especially in our current journey. However, Mary was so close to the Lord that she simply said "Lord, I am Your handmaid. Whatever You want, I want". Total submission...no other questions.
In digging deeper into these verses as well as putting our current journey into perspective, I realized something. Of course, Mary was getting ready to have this AMAZING thing happen to her that people would be talking about forever, so she WOULD be that submissive. However, the Lord reminded me, she had a lot of obstacles to face and a lot of uncertainties, but she still had only ONE question. In going over in my head everything going on with Tyler and I, the Lord pointed out to me that although our story, thus far, is not as AMAZING as this one, He is still working. How quickly we forget that the Lord has a plan and a purpose...if we would just submit to HIS will we might see these plans and purposes unfold.
My point in blogging this intimate time I had with the Lord this morning, is to simply say, "not MY will but YOURS...nothing MORE and nothing LESS". I have been so caught up in what I want, and that's to have a baby, that I'm not seeking the Lord's heart nor desires. It's selfish and I can't help but think I might be missing out on blessings along this journey, because I am not taking heed of the example Mary set for us. Being submissive to the Lord isn't an easy task, but I truly believe that once I lay this journey COMPLETELY at His feet I will have that sense of submissiveness, that in return, will give me complete peace no matter what the outcome. Isn't our Savior amazing?
"Father, In your hands and by Your power, You can do through me whatever you desire. May I believe in this greater measure...nothing more and nothing less, Amen".

Comments

  1. Yes, dearest Brittany, trust Him. He is worth it. He is trustworthy. And He is there . . . in the midst of your trial . . . and everything He does is good. I am so blessed to see you trusting our Lord. May His presence surround you and fill you and bless you as you continue on this journey . . .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One Month of Breathing Differently...

On October 17th, it will be one month since we received a text that changed our world. A text that told us the little boy we were growing in our hearts would no longer be in our arms. It’s been a month of questions, A month of wrestling, a month of tears, a month of silence, a month of wondering why, a month of trying to put pieces back together, a month of heart break, a month of hell on earth, a month of learning to breathe a little differently, a month of surviving, a month of being on our knees because standing was too hard, a month of being stuck, and a month of leaning into a Heavenly Father that right now...takes away. As I sit here in a quiet living room with just my thoughts reflecting over the last 30 days it’s hard to keep typing. Not because I don’t know what To type, but because It still hurts. Don’t get me wrong, we have more good days than bad right now, but the bad still hurts more than I can put into this blog. We think daily of this little baby boy....is he’s ok, is h...

Even If you don’t, Our hope is YOU alone.

Monday (Sept 10th) started like any other day in our house...we woke up...late. Ate breakfast in the car and headed off to school. My parents were in town so when I got home from dropping the kids off my momma and I headed to the outlets to do some baby shopping. Walking into Carters again after years of being away was a dream. All the newborn/ 0-3 month clothes screamed at me. I could have taken every outfit home but settled on a handful and rushed off to meet Tyler at the field. We were heading to meet with our attorney and our birth mother to sign some “pre-birth” paperwork and to make sure everyone understood what each line meant and no questions were left unanswered. Everything was signed and we left with giant smiles on our face. Our little boy was due in two weeks and we were ready! The following days I had tried a couple times to get ahold of our birth mother. However, I got no answers. I didn’t think much of it because she admitted she is horrible at getting back with people. ...

God’s Plan All Along...

TODAY, January 18th, we have been a family of 5 for 6 weeks....and TODAY is also our baby boy’s 12 week birthday!!!! I felt it was fitting to FINALLY share our story of Dax Ivan Griffin.  On September 17th, we lost the baby boy we “thought” God had for us. Since that day we have wrestled a lot. We wrestled with why God would give and take away...and why God called us to grow our family through adoption only to leave us hurt and confused. We had decided to hold off on finishing our paperwork for our adoption agency until the beginning of the new year. We wanted to get through the Holidays and then start the process fresh at the first of the year. However, God had a different plan. With that being said here is our attempt to share “God’s plan all along”.  Thursday, November 29th started like any other day. I woke up late...trying to get the kids dressed and out the door early because, they had school and I was working at the school that day too. We rolled in on two wheels...